Saturday, October 15, 2016

By way of introduction ...



I teach English at Petru Rares Highschool in Targu Lapus, a small town in the north-west of Romania, in the county of Maramures. I met Amy in June when she came to our town in her quest to find Max Steinmetz's roots. I was impressed by Max's story but I was also impressed by Amy's determination not only to write about it but also to retrace the difficult road Max was forced to take. I truly believe that we need to know about everything that happened in our history and especially about those moments when humanity was on the verge of disappearing. In my opinion, the Holocaust is one of those moments and it is our duty to never let this happen again!
Since Amy and I connected so quickly, we started talking about a future collaboration that was meant to bring our students together in a project that was basically a book study. It is my belief that our students will benefit from doing this project on so many levels and we are all very anxious to start it.

10 comments:

  1. I am so excited to be able to connect to you guys! I'm sure it will be loads of fun and will be a great learning experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Can't wait to get connected!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excited to work with you, Ms. Ciupe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very excited for this opportunity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to be connected with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope this year if full of adventure and learning things we'd not have access to otherwise! This collaboration will be such a great experience, especially because of the opportunity to learn from two different perspectives!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope this year if full of adventure and learning things we'd not have access to otherwise! This collaboration will be such a great experience, especially because of the opportunity to learn from two different perspectives!

    ReplyDelete