Sunday, June 4, 2017

I Wanted to Say Again... Thank You!

Dear Friends,
I hear that your school year is almost over.  Hang in there!  You can do it!  I have been out of school for about a week. I told Ms. Ciupe a few days ago that one year ago, I was there visiting your school in Targu Lapus.  The memories of my time in your beautiful town will always stay with me.

What will also stay with me are the connections we have maintained throughout this year. You will never know how much that has meant to me.  It has also meant so much to Max.  All of you have supported, encouraged, and done whatever you could to help throughout the process of me finishing the book.  All I can continue to say is thank you.

One story stands out that I wanted to share with you. As I was preparing for the book launch in February, I wanted to somehow share the special relationships that Max and I now had in Targu Lapus.  The pictures that you sent of the old bridge in Targu Lapus and of some of you standing on the new bridge told a very powerful story.  I posted the video I created with some of these pictures on the blog. Please let me know what you think of it.

As your school year ends, I hope you have a restful, peaceful, exciting, and fun summer! Please don't ever hesitate to keep in touch.  And if there is ever any way I can help any of you, I will do my best.

Take care and hope to hear from you soon!

Amy

3 comments:

  1. We are as well thankful to have had you here since you brought to us a story that is not only meant to teach us about history but also about us. So, we can only say ...."Thank you so much for the lesson you taught us!"I am so happy I had the chance to meet you and to be able to stay connected in spite of the physical distance that separates us. I really hope that our project of getting together again and of promoting your book here, in Romania will be successful!
    Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was certainly a memorable experince, none of us ever expected to have the chance of being this close to a living survivor of the Holocaust. We were all aware that the Holocaust happened, and we had some knowledge about it but you, together with Max, helped us see it from another perspective and made us realise what happened from a personal view.
    It was something new for all of us, especially reading about ourselves in a book, which was pretty exciting. We can only Thank You for this chance and congratulate you for the amazing work that you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the wishes. This was a great experience and I too hope this project will be succesful. I learned more about the Holocaust than from anywhere else, not about the statistics and the facts, that can be easily found on the internet, but the experience, pain and loss that you conveyed in your book had shown me how trully horrible the Holocaust was.
    My opinion on the video would be a thumbs up, however I have no ideea how to do that here so I settle for saying that it brought a smile to my face.
    Having said that, a great summer to you too!

    ReplyDelete